My gorgeous and talented friend Leigh gave me a little notebook that I keep in my purse. I use it to write down titles of books and movies I come across, grocery lists, and random bits of conversation that I want to remember. I was just going through it and found some random notes with absolutely no context AT ALL.
- Interpretive cave tap isn’t something just everyone can pull off.
- It’s not like you can soft-shoe in a cave.
- That’s a go-to-hell Mennonite shed with nice shangles.
- She’s common as pig tracks.
- “Think of it as reupholstering. Your face is like a sofa. Every twenty years or so it gets worn from too many people sitting on it.” (Note: I believe that might be from an Elizabeth Berg novel.)
- Definitely use grommets.
- Tell him how the cow ate the cabbage.
- Then I am a liar and you are a pretty little girl.
- Plow behind a willing mule.
- Gassy goblins
- “I’m not your cleaning-up monkey.”
- “I think in this case the point IS mute because you aren’t listening to me.”
- The one about how he beats his meat to make his chili
- Snot-slinging drunk
- Drunk as Moody’s goose
I think that’s a novel right there.